NEW FOR SUMMER 2020! Our Backyard Summer Series is a 6-class session, currently only available during July and August. Each class will be held either in a host's backyard or some other outdoor space. Class sizes are small - between 4-6 families in each to allow for proper social distancing. Have a group of friends that would like to take class together? No problem! We are happy to create a private class for you at your home. Call our office 516-946-7374 to work out the details.
Tuition for the Backyard Summer Series includes the following:
- Family Membership for July and August
- Six outdoor, in-person classes
- All the resources available in our Music Together® Online program, including access to unlimited bonus Zoom classes, on-demand class videos in our Family Portal, our private Facebook group, on-line events such as semi-weekly Lullaby Live and monthly Grandparent classes
- Unlimited make-ups via our on-line classes and/or videos
- CD and Songbook for the amazing Kazoo Song Collection
- Complimentary registration gift
- Discounts to other in-person, outdoor events such as From Your Porch Jam Sessions, Musical Hikes, etc.
Monthly tuition is as follows:
- For classes with a minimum of 6 families - $124 per famly per month
- For classes with 5 families or less - $129 per family per month
Some additional detail about outdoor classes:
- Before every class, participants will be required to answer a few questions regarding a basic health screening.
- Please refrain from attending class you've been diagnosed with coronavirus, if you or your child(ren) have been in close proximity to someone who has recently had the coronavirus, if you or your children are feeling sick, have a fever, a cough, or are experiencing general difficulty breathing. A prorated credit will be offered should you need to cancel your registration for the Backyard Summer Series due to coronavirus illness.
- Individual missed classes can be made up using our online Zoom class scheduler; there will be no refunds or credits offered for individual missed classes. Contact our office with questions/concerns.
- If you or anyone in your family or have been in close contact with someone diagnosed with coronavirus symptoms after attending a class or at any time during the session, you are required to report that immediately to our office by text or email.
- Please wash your hands frequently, and before and after attending our classes.
- Children and adults will be required to maintain a minimum of a 6 foot distance between themselves and other participants who are not in the same household.
- Children will NOT be required to wear face masks.
- Adults are asked to wear a face mask or other covering for their nose and mouth when they are within 6 feet of those who are not in the same household, unless doing so would be contrary to his or her health or safety due to medical conditions.
- There will be no bathrooms available for these classes.
- Instruments or other objects will not be shared. Families will be advised about what to bring from home for instruments or props. A small instrument set will be available for sale on our website under " Store."
- Weather issues - If the class is cancelled due to rain or heat, every attempt will be made to reschedule with the host and the teacher. Families who miss individual classes can make them up using our online Zoom class scheduler.
We are asking everyone for a full commitment through August 31 for everyone enrolled in the Backyard Summer Series. Currently enrolled families, once you have upgraded your membership to inlcude the Backyard Summer Series, any cancelation request will be effective August 31. New families will be given the option to continue their membership after August and any cancelation request will be effective August 31. There are no refunds and a credit will be issued only as mentioned above.